Purpose: The Ushers responsibilities normally include welcoming the parishioners, providing seating when necessary, conducting all collections, distributing the weekly bulletin and other materials, and providing the parishioners with helpful information.
Qualifications: An usher is a person who:
* Is a Catholic in good sacramental standing in the Church
* Is a Catholic mature in faith and of excellent character, who shows reverence and love for the Eucharist
* Is growing spiritually through daily prayer and liturgical prayer, especially the Sunday Eucharist, and who accepts the responsibility of ministry in serving the needs of others.
* Understands that the Mass is a communal prayer and requires a sense of dignity and an attitude of prayer expresses a sense of dignity by appropriate Sunday dress, by handling all liturgical vessels with respect, by alert posture, by graceful and correctly timed movement
* Meets the Boston Archdiocese requirements of current CORI, VIRTUS – Protecting God’s Children Training, and signed Code of Conduct form on file.
If you would you like to become an Usher during the Mass contact the Rectory to speak with Father Bob about this wonderful ministry.